As the blog gets up and running I’ll add some about pages and things, but I thought this would be a nice first post, and a nice stand in for the time being.
I’m Sarah Louise, and I’m a 22 year old graduate holding a BA Hons degree in English, Media and Cultural Studies from Liverpool John Moores University. I’m from Liverpool, and after graduating I went over to the dark side to work for the University of Liverpool. There’s this whole rivalry between the two…it’s kind of a long story so I’ll say it with a meme.
I’ve written blogs before, throughout uni, but between squishing in deadlines, part time job, and that so-missed social life (Can I be a student again please?), it was pretty start/stop, emphasis on the stop part, and I never made any meaningful connections with other bloggers. But that will all be different now!
I’m planning to blog about pretty much anything that takes my fancy – I believe the technical term is ‘lifestyle blog’, so expect reviews, music chat, hilarious anecdotes about mine and my friends lives, fashion, beauty, crafty stuff and a wee bit of current affairs, so on and so forth.
P.S Below is a list of things I like that might give you a better idea of hat you might stumble across on this blog!
- Books/Reading (The English degree totally gave this one away didn’t it?)
- Current affairs – I can’t bear to not know what’s going on!
- Black boots of every shape, size and description.
- Black Milk Clothing – link.
- 5 Seconds of Summer – Michael Clifford is my dream fella. Completely aware he’s 19. #cougartown.
- Cosmopolitans (Slight Carrie Bradshaw complex. Just slight.)
- Vivienne Westwood.
- Layered jewelry,
- Quirky make up brands. Few faves are x / x / x / x.
- Game of Thrones #teamjonsnow
- Winged eyeliner.
- One Direction – Especially Louis (Cause phwoar) and Harry (Cause damn, that boys fashion sense *heart eyes*)
- My iPhone 5C, specifically all the cases for it ever.
- I-G-G-Y, put my name in bold. Iggy Azalea <3
- Crafty things.
- Self improvement.
- Nice stationary.
- Positivity :))