1. Eat some ice cream and cry. Just give in to the grief, it’s alright. The loss of this vital part of your Sunday/Monday is worth grieving over. I recommend Phish Food by Ben and Jerry.
When you realise it’s a loooong time till the next episode
2. Immediately start to re-watch from the beginning. It will plug the GoT shaped hole in your life, and going through all of the worst parts again will remind you that you’ve got through worse than this…nothing will ever top the Red Wedding, right? Amazon (the real MVP) has all the box sets.
3. Read the books. As everyone knows, Game of Thrones is based on the series ‘A Song of Ice and Fire’ by George R R Martin (AKA Man who writes reaaaaaaally slowly). There are 5 volumes, and they’re not small books! Although the series has now gone past the books, so they don’t often the same fortune telling they once did, they do let you spend more time with the characters, and get details GoT doesn’t offer. You can get the whole set on Amazon here.
4. Have a Game of Thrones inspired shopping trip. Etsy is a treasure trove of awesome jewellery pieces, Australian label Black Milk have a collection inspired by Westeros, Funko Pop Vinyls have a ton of Game of Thrones options and thats literally just the beginning. This Buzzfeed article compiles some more ideas for a shopping spree if you’re a Targaryen kinda gal.
5. Immediately place it with a new show which is just as addictive. I would personally recommend Greys Anatomy (12 series of addicting TV to get through), Pretty Little Liars (Finding out the identity of A is on par with finding out the identity of Jon Snows mother) or Penny Dreadful.
Pretty Little Liars…one of the only other shows on TV with a comparable body count and amount of lies told per episode. Cersei Lannister would fit right in in Rosewood.
6. Check out the characters doing other stuff. Although we love them as the nobility of Westeros, most of them have a wide ranging non-dragon/ice zombie/direwolf related acting roles. Sophie Turner is amazing as Jean Grey in the new X-Men movie, X-Men Age of Apocalypse, and Emilia Clarke is in Me Before You, which is a total heart breaker.
7. Reassure yourself it’s only about 42 weeks till the next series. Maybe set a countdown on your phone.