I’ve lived in Liverpool my whole life, apart from travelling and some summer spent in different parts of the UK. I think I can comfortably class myself as having done all the major things to do in Liverpool – all our museums (and boy do we have A LOT of museums), I’ve visited our iconic and amazing waterfront, our football stadiums, our Philharmonic Orchestra, our Echo Arena…basically you name it. But my favourite thing about Liverpool is that things are always changing and there is always something new to do, somewhere new opened to check out, or something relaunched. Literally a week has never passed without a message pinging up in mine and my gal pals group chat of a link and then ‘Oh my god we have GOT to check this out!”. So, with that in mind, I decided to make a bucket list of all the new and exciting things in Liverpool that I have on my to do list..and as I work my way through and tick them off, I’ll share reviews. Enjoy!
As the blog gets up and running I’ll add some about pages and things, but I thought this would be a nice first post, and a nice stand in for the time being.
I’m Sarah Louise, and I’m a 22 year old graduate holding a BA Hons degree in English, Media and Cultural Studies from Liverpool John Moores University. I’m from Liverpool, and after graduating I went over to the dark side to work for the University of Liverpool. There’s this whole rivalry between the two…it’s kind of a long story so I’ll say it with a meme.
I’ve written blogs before, throughout uni, but between squishing in deadlines, part time job, and that so-missed social life (Can I be a student again please?), it was pretty start/stop, emphasis on the stop part, and I never made any meaningful connections with other bloggers. But that will all be different now!
I’m planning to blog about pretty much anything that takes my fancy – I believe the technical term is ‘lifestyle blog’, so expect reviews, music chat, hilarious anecdotes about mine and my friends lives, fashion, beauty, crafty stuff and a wee bit of current affairs, so on and so forth.
P.S Below is a list of things I like that might give you a better idea of hat you might stumble across on this blog!
- Books/Reading (The English degree totally gave this one away didn’t it?)
- Current affairs – I can’t bear to not know what’s going on!
- Black boots of every shape, size and description.
- Black Milk Clothing – link.
- 5 Seconds of Summer – Michael Clifford is my dream fella. Completely aware he’s 19. #cougartown.
- Cosmopolitans (Slight Carrie Bradshaw complex. Just slight.)
- Vivienne Westwood.
- Layered jewelry,
- Quirky make up brands. Few faves are x / x / x / x.
- Game of Thrones #teamjonsnow
- Winged eyeliner.
- One Direction – Especially Louis (Cause phwoar) and Harry (Cause damn, that boys fashion sense *heart eyes*)
- My iPhone 5C, specifically all the cases for it ever.
- I-G-G-Y, put my name in bold. Iggy Azalea <3
- Crafty things.
- Self improvement.
- Nice stationary.
- Positivity :))